If you want to create a wordpress community or a social network, where users have the ability to create profiles, submit content and interact, you can:
1. Use a budypress theme
This is the easy way! There are many budypress themes (most of them paid) that transform your wordpress blog into a social network.
See 20+ BuddyPress Themes
Some of the most popular wordpress budypress themes:
- Klein – A Nitty-Gritty Community Theme | Themeforest is perfect for websites that allow users to interact with each other, create profiles, send unlimited messages, add connections, share important events, discuss ideas through forums and even sell products between them.
- Thrive – Intranet & Community WordPress Theme | Themeforest helps you build amazing Social Networking websites, where users can easily share information, files, events, docs, tickets, messages, and forms.
- With Katla – User Generated Content Theme | Themeforest users can submit content to your website and a moderator can review the submission and do any changes if necessary.
2. Use your own theme with plugins
Also You have the option to use your own free theme, with wordpress plugins.
Some of the plugins that available out there:
- theme my login add login, registration and forgot password pages to your wordpress site, according to your current theme.
- Given the popularity of social networks, is a good idea to use WordPress Social Login that give users possibility to register on your wordpress website using their existing social accounts IDs(Twitter, Facebook, Google, Yahoo and more), eliminating the need to fill out registration forms and to remember usernames and passwords.
- First 2 plugins can be used together with wp user frontend that give users the ability to edit their profile, create new posts, all from the website frontend. In this way, the user doesn’t need to enter in wordpress backend admin panel, to do these things.
Hello there!I hope you find this post useful!
I'm Mihai, a programmer and online marketing specialist, very passionate about everything that means online marketing, focused on eCommerce.
If you have a collaboration proposal or need helps with your projects feel free to contact me. I will always be glad to help you!