What Are TrueView for Action Ads?
TrueView for action campaigns are available for video campaigns on YouTube and can run only on the in-stream ad format.
With TrueView for action, advertisers can display a call-to-action banner at the base of the video during and at the end of the video. The branded banner can be tailored to a specific action goal such as “Book now”, “Get a quote” or “Learn more”.
Starting October 12, YouTube changed ‘engagement’ for action ads, from 30 seconds to 10
YouTube is changing the attribution criteria for TrueView for action video ads.
There are two key attribution points that are changing:
1. YouTube will now count an ‘Engagement’ whenever a user clicks or watches 10 seconds or more of a TrueView for action ad when using maximize conversions or target CPA bidding. That’s a change from 30 seconds.
2. A ‘Conversion’ will be counted, by default, when a user takes action on an ad within 3 days of an ‘Engagement.’ If you want this changed to another time interval, you will have to ask your Google rep to customize this time frame. That’s a change from 30 days.
Google says the benefits would be:
- More accurate conversion counting
- Faster ramp up times for your target CPA campaigns
- More current reporting thanks to reduced conversion lag
Anyway what matters and remains unchanged is thatis that the advertisers “will continue to be billed on an impression basis“.
I don’t know yet what will be the measures of this change, but my advice is to monitor youtube campaigns and watch budget and performance changes.
What do you think about this change?
Hello there!I hope you find this post useful!
I'm Mihai, an online marketing specialist, very passionate about everything that means online marketing, focused on eCommerce.
If you have a collaboration proposal or need helps with your projects feel free to contact me. I will always be glad to help you!